Community Watersports Hub
Chester Community Watersport Hub is an exciting new partnership project to create a new multi-sports facility on Chester’s River Dee for the benefit of the wider community. There are many partners involved including Queens Park High School, Deva Canoe Club, Chester Riverside Canoe Club, Cheshire Scouting Association and Royal Chester Rowing Club. The project is supported by Cheshire West and Chester Council – Chester Renaissance , Active Cheshire, British Rowing and British Canoeing.
The Chester Community Watersports Hub project is seeking to maximise the benefit of the River Dee for local communities and enhance access to multiple water-sports.
- Increase participation in the uptake of multiple water-sports widening the user base and access to watersports
- Redevelop and improve the facility for existing users and the wider community
- Attractive and rare opportunity to increase state schools access to a high quality water-sports facility
- Maximise River Dee as a key asset for the benefit of the city
- Contribute to the public health agenda
- Ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for local people
For more information visit the project website at www.chestercommunitywatersportshub.wordpress.com
Project Contact: Ruth Wojtan, Project Manager – Email Ruth